Sitnews - Stories In The News - Ketchikan, Alaska - Opinions



World run by those who show up
By Glen Thompson


August 31, 2005

Mr. Harris is spot on with his comments. Part of the reason I ran for Assembly was because we need some changes. Those are hard earned taxes that government spends and not tissue paper.

The problem is just like in football: it is really hard to get that star quarterback to put down his beer and hotdog and come down out of the stands to play!

Look at the current local election: Borough Assembly, 3 seats open, 3 candidates, city is the same and there may not even be a full school board unless someone comes forward!

The world is run by those who show up. I applaud the 23% who turned out and the other 77% got no right to bitch.

Glen Thompson
Ketchikan, AK - USA


Related Viewpoint:

letter What do the PEOPLE want? By Greg Harris -  Springfield, OR - USA



Note: Comments published on Viewpoints are the opinions of the writer
and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sitnews.


Write a Letter -------Read Letters

E-mail the Editor

Stories In The News
Ketchikan, Alaska