Top Ten Reasons for Someone
to live in Ketchikan
By Kayleigh Martin
June 3, 2007
Top Ten Reasons for Someone to live in Ketchikan
10. The mixture of sea and
mountains creates a majestic backdrop for our community.
09. One can drive for 5 miles or take a boat for 5 minutes and
be on a beach where there isn't another person in sight or to
08. A person can hike into the woods either off or on the trail
and wonder how long it has been since someone has been there.
07. Our Gas may be nearly 3.50 a gallon but we don't have 2 or
3 hour commutes regardless of traffic or construction
06. It may rain more days then not but when it isn't raining
we enjoy it all the more.
05. No matter where you go there is always someone you know
04. We can walk down any street without fear of being shot, mugged,
03. When a family has a disaster the community pulls together
to raise funds to help them out.
02. There is always something to go and do, organizations to
join, and volunteer oppurtunities to become closer and part of
And the best thing about Ketchikan,
It's our community, it is where we make our living, it is where
our kids will learn about life, and this is our home.
There will always be projects
going on that we think are detrimental to the community, there
will always be projects in the works that we think will become
a great asset to the community. Money will always be an issue
when you live in an island community of Alaska; everything is
more expensive. But for me these 10 reasons outweigh any of the
bad that I feel may happening at this point in time. That is
why I still live here. Take a few minutes and remember why you
are here. If you can't think of 10 things you like or love about
Ketchikan, and if those 10 items aren't enough to balance out
the bad, then you should probably be thinking about leaving.
Received June 1, 2007 - Published June 02, 2007
About: 24 year resident and
Note: Comments published
on Viewpoints are the opinions of the writer
Ten Reasons To Live In Ketchikan By Loren Stanton - Ketchikan,
and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sitnews.
Send A Letter -------Read
E-mail the Editor at
Stories In The News