SitNews - Stories in the News - Ketchikan, Alaska


Food Handler Permits
By Cynthia Moyer


March 11, 2011
Friday PM

I'm just curious after reading the letter from Anna Tollfeldt regarding Food Handlers Permits. If all that is required to obtain a Food Handlers permit is to mail in $10.00 to the State of Alaska with no training or testing required, what is your point?

I am just curious as to how mailing $10.00 to the state somehow certifies the person to be qualified to handle food in a public setting? I am in no way being argumentative, just curious? I have been gone from the great State of Alaska for 8 years qualifications may have changed since I lived there.


Cynthia Moyer
Ardmore, OK

About: "Presently, Food And Beverage Manager State Of Oklahoma. Lived in Ketchikan 24 years, was Food and Beverage Manager for Salmon Falls Resort, Clover Pass Resort,owner operator of The Helm and Beacon Hill Lodge. "

Received March 08, 2011 - Published March 11, 2011


Related Viewpoint:

letterFood Safety/Food handler's card By Anna Tollfeldt

Viewpoints - Opinion Letters:

letter Webmail Your Opinion Letter to the Editor



Note: Comments published on Viewpoints are the opinions of the writer
and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sitnews.


E-mail your letters & opinions to
Your full name, city and state are required for letter publication.

SitNews ©2011
Stories In The News
Ketchikan, Alaska