AMHS Releases Winter 2015-16 Schedule
August 27 2015
(SitNews) - The Alaska Marine Highway System (AMHS) announced the release of its 2015-16 winter schedule. Coinciding with release of the winter schedule, AMHS will be applying a new reservations policy for all travel initiating October 1, 2015 and thereafter. The new policy requires payment at the time of booking and includes a revised fee schedule for cancellations or changes.
The intent of the new reservations policy is to limit lost revenue due to late cancellations or no-shows. Late cancellations make it difficult for the AMHS to sell the limited space aboard ferries to other customers.
The new reservation policy includes the following cancellation or change fees (change fees apply to the reduced itinerary value):
- Cancellation/change within 24 hours of booking will result in no cancellation fee.
- Cancellation/change over 30 days prior to the day of sailing will result in a cancellation fee equal to 5% of the reserved space value.
- Cancellation/change 15 – 30 days prior to the day of sailing will result in a 10% cancellation fee of the reserved space value.
- Cancellation/change 7 – 14 days prior to the day of sailing will result in a 20% cancellation fee of the reserved space value.
- Cancellation/change 1 – 7 days prior to the day of sailing will result in a 30% cancellation fee of the reserved space value.
- Cancellation/change within 24 hours of sailing, or a no-show, will result in a 40% cancellation fee of the reserved space value.
Release of the 2015-16 winter schedule followed a public comment period held in July and August. The comment period is an opportunity for communities and individuals to review and comment on the proposed schedule, and to make AMHS aware of significant community events.
The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities oversees 249 airports, 11 ferries serving 35 communities, 5,619 miles of highway and 720 public facilities throughout the state of Alaska.
On the Web:
AMHS Book a Trip - Make Reservations
Edited by Mary Kauffman, SitNews
Source of News:
Alaska Marine Highway System
Contact the Editor
Publish A Letter in SitNews
Stories In The News
photographs that appear in SitNews may be protected by copyright
and may not be reprinted without written permission from and
payment of any required fees to the proper sources.
E-mail your news &
photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photographers choosing to submit photographs for publication to SitNews are in doing so granting their permission for publication and for archiving. SitNews does not sell photographs. All requests for purchasing a photograph will be emailed to the photographer.