Carelessly Tossed Butt Likely
Cause of Dock Fire
July 23, 2004
Ketchikan, Alaska - At approximately 5 pm Thursday, a small fire
broke out on the city dock in front of the Ketchikan Mining Company
on Front Street. According to a Ketchikan City Police staff person,
it appears the fire was likely caused by a lit cigarette that
was dropped between the cracks setting the creosote coating applied
to pilings on fire.
at work extinguishing Thursday's dock fire.
Photo by Chris Wilhelm©2004
According to a staff person
at the Ketchikan City Fire Department, 6 units responded to the
fire call including the fireboat Harry Newell.
The fire was extinguished within
30 minutes. No injuries were reported.
E-mail your news &
photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post a Comment
an Opinion - Letter
Stories In The News