Viewpoints: Letters / Opinions
June 29, 2012
I was wondering about all the Executive Orders mentioned by Al so I did a quick internet search. It appears that President Obama would have been a bit young to have signed Executive Order 10997 and according to government reports it was signed by President Kennedy in 1962.
Executive Order 10997
Assigning emergency preparedness functions to the Secretary of the Interior
• Signed: February 16, 1962
• Federal Register page and date: 27 FR 1522, February 20, 1962
• See: EO 10952, July 20, 1961
• Revoked by: EO 11490, October 28, 1969
According the National Archives, President Obama has signed 127 Executive Orders.
• 2009 http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/2009-obama.html - E.O. 13489 - E.O. 13527 (39 Executive orders issued)
• 2010 http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/2010.html - E.O. 13528 - E.O. 13562 (35 Executive orders issued)
• 2011 http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/2011.html - E.O. 13563 - E.O. 13596 (34 Executive orders issued)
• 2012 http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/2012.html - E.O. • 13597 - E.O. 13615 (19 Executive orders issued)
You simply cannot believe everything is true just because you read it on the internet.
Received June 27, 2012
- Published June 29, 2012
Congress is a problem but not 'The' problem By A. M. Johnson
Viewpoints - Opinion Letters:
Your Opinion Letter to the Editor
Representations of fact and opinions in letters are solely those of the author.
E-mail your letters
& opinions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The opinions of the author do not represent the opinions of Sitnews.
Your full name, city and state are required for letter publication.
Stories In The News