SitNews - Stories in the News - Ketchikan, Alaska


Faulty electrical equipment cause of house fire


March 19, 2011

(SitNews) Ketchikan, Alaska - The Ketchikan Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire at 3442 Baranof Avenue this morning. According to Acting Fire Chief Frank Share, first arriving crews reported smoke showing from a two story residential house.  Fire crews were informed all residents were out of the house.

Share said a total of 15 Ketchikan Fire Department personnel responded at 5:16 AM to the call assisted by crews from the North and South Tongass Fire Departments. Fire crews quickly brought the blaze under control.

There were no working smoke detectors in the house said Share.

The cause was determined to be faulty electrical equipment by KFD fire investigators said Acting Fire Chief Share. 

The local Red Cross chapter has been notified regarding assistance for shelter, food and clothing for the occupants. 



Source of News:

City of Ketchikan Fire Department


E-mail your news & photos to

Publish A Letter in SitNews         Read Letters/Opinions

Contact the Editor

SitNews ©2011
Stories In The News
Ketchikan, Alaska