KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH
ANIMAL PROTECTION AD HOC COMMITTEE RECRUITMENT
The Ketchikan Gateway Borough is soliciting for two ad hoc Animal Protection Committee members for citizen-at-large seats.
Completed applications must be submitted to the Borough Clerk’s office no later than 5:00 p.m. November 15, 2012. Appointments to the ad hoc committee will be confirmed by the Borough Assembly on December 3, 2012.
The special purpose of the ad-hoc committee is to:
- Provide recommendation for a plan for identification of existing Animal Protection Department issues, identify the steps needed for addressing the issues, and develop a budget to address the issues
- Provide recommendation on need for increased code enforcement actions, such as animal establishment permitted facility inspections, and follow up actions on complaints
- Develop policy on timeline for animal retention
- Develop policy on timeline for animal euthanasia
- Provide recommendations on whether to separate code enforcement actions from animal shelter actions, and whether to form an agreement/partnership with a private entity for the purpose of animal shelter services
- Determine whether a new Borough Animal Protection facility is needed
Committee applications are available on the Borough website and at the Borough Clerk’s office.
On the Web:
Download the Ad Hoc Animal Protection Committee Borough Citizen-At-Large Application (pdf)
On the Web:
Published October 04, 2012
Office of the Borough Clerk 228-6605 1900 First Avenue, Ste 115 www.kgbak.us